Welcome from Swymnut Masters!
Swymnut Masters is a virtual masters swim team formed in 2012. Coached by two veteran USMS swimmers and experienced USMS coaches, Swymnut Masters caters to the swimmer that often swims or practices alone, wants a team to affiliate with (think relays at the big meets!), and/or desires to tap into some expert masters swim coaching. We are registered as a masters swim team in northern California with Pacific Masters Swimming, but members are welcome from any state!
We are excited to share our passion and enthusiasm about all things masters swimming with anyone and everyone!
Why join our team? Well, we look at it this way. Perhaps you are just getting started with masters swimming and need some tips and encouragement to get you started. Maybe you have a pool, but either don’t have a local master’s team or their workout schedule doesn’t quite work for you and you find yourself working out on your own. Maybe you are a bit intimidated about throwing yourself into a pool with a bunch of other people, or maybe you are a veteran swimmer and just like to “fly solo”. Whatever your reasons, we want you to know that you are welcome to give us a try. There is no charge to join our team. What?!? Are you kiddin’ me, no charge? Yup, no charge. Economically, we know it is a tough world out there. We don’t want costs to stop you from joining a masters team so, what the heck, give us a try! To enjoy all the benefits of our team, we simply ask that you sign up with Swymnut Masters through USMS. Click the Join USMS button here or in the right sidebar. If you are transferring your USMS membership from another team, contact us and we will help you with the transfer form. (To contact either of us, click the coach photo in the right sidebar.)
What can we offer you? Check this out. Those registered through USMS with Swymnut Masters receive:
- Stroke video analysis
- You have someone video you, upload or send the video to us, and we’ll analyze your stroke, letting you know what you are doing right, and what you might want to change in order to find more efficiency or speed. We’ll even give you drills to correct deficiencies in your stroke.
- Answers to your swimming or nutrition related questions
- There certainly is a wide range of sources to turn to on the web, and beyond. But all that information can get overwhelming and sometimes it feels like you are hunting for a lost diamond earring in a swimming pool. Let us help! With our combined 35 years in masters swimming, if we can’t answer your question or query directly, we’ll go on the hunt for the answers.
- Workouts galore!
- Both coaches, Cokie and Susie, have an extensive collection of workouts to offer our Swymnut members. We’ve got IM workouts, stroke specific workouts, distance free, middle distance, anaerobic, aerobic, well heck, what more can you think of? We even have kick workouts for those rehabbing injured arms, shoulders, elbows or wrists. . We can design workouts to help you reach your goals, whether that is as a competitive swimmer in USMS events, a fitness swimmer, or a triathlete.
- Taper Strategy
- For the competitors out there, we’ve got a variety of approaches to tapering for your competition swim meets. If there is one thing Cokie and Susie have learned from their own taper experiences, everyone is different and there are a ton of options for conducting a taper. We’ll help you sort through those options and find one that you think might work for you.
- Race Strategy
- Whether you are doing a pool competition or an open water swim, we’ll help you strategize your race and prepare for competition. Not only swim strategy, mental strategy and nutritional aspects as well.
If you still aren’t sure whether you should join Swymnut Masters, drop me a line on our contact form with your questions or concerns. Just know we’d love to have you join us!