Coach Cokie will be away, attending the American Swim Coaches Annual Convention in Jacksonville, FL. Never fear, you are in good hands with Susie, Nicole, Marlon and Buffy in this week!
The workouts that follow are guidelines, primarily listed for our satellite swimmers who work out on their own. For actual team practices, each of our coaches has free reign to deviate and bring their own workout to the pool. So don’t let a workout you see below be your guide to whether or not you come to practice. Heck, you may not even see that workout. Just come swim! Any way you slice it, it will be good for you!
- Tuesday, Sept 9: #67 100 Day – Coach Nicole at 5:30, Coach Marlon at 8:30
- Wednesday, Sept 10: #405 Speed with Quality – Coach Susie
- Thursday, Sept 11: #51 IM Aerobic- Coach Nicole at 5:30, Coach Buffy at 8:30
- Friday, Sept 12: #418 Long Axis Sprint – Coach Susie
- Saturday, Sept 13: #194 500s (all different!) – Coach Susie
Upcoming open water swims:
- Keller Cove OW Swim (Richmond), Saturday, September 20th. Not yet posted. Keep an eye out here.
Upcoming swim meets:
- Mountain View SCM Meet, Sunday, September 28. Event info here. Registration here. Reg closes Sept 26th at 11:59 pm
- Sacramento SCM Sprint Pentathlon held in Davis, Saturday, October 4th. Event info here. Reg info will be here. Reg closes Oct 1st at 11:59 pm
- Pac Masters SCM Champs, Walnut Creek, Oct 10-12. Not yet posted. Keep an eye out here. Team effort! We’d love to have you there, even if just for relays!
- Senior Games held Sunday, November 16th in SF at the Martin Luther King Pool (indoor). This meet is needed if you want to attend the 2015 National Senior Games in Minneapolis and have not yet done one of the Senior Games qualifying meets. Even if you don’t plan to go to next year’s Nat’l Senior Games, this is a great low key meet to give competition a try. Strong likelihood that you’ll walk away with a medal or two! For information on this qualifying meet, see the Encore Games website here. To register online go here. I believe registration closes on or around Nov 3rd. Order of events is:
- 50 Back
- 50 Breast
- 200 Free
- 100 Breast
- 100 Fly
- 200 IM
- 200 Back
- 100 Free
- 100 Back
- 50 Fly
- 50 Free
- 500 Free
- 100 IM
- 200 Breast
- Southern Pacific Masters Short Course Meters Champs, December 5-7, tba. Not yet posted. Keep an eye out here. Coach Cokie will not be able to attend as she will be in Cuba!