Coach Shari Cruse
Lucas Valley Workouts
We have a theme approach for each day. Coaches will pick or design a workout matching the theme. If you are a satellite swimmer, you can find over 600 workouts in our Dropbox folder. Have fun!
Stroke or IM
No 8:15-9:30 AM
8-11 AM Only
Easy Recovery Day
No 5:30-6:45 AM
7:00-8:30 AM only
Swim Palooza Defined
We’ll have four options within the single workout which I’ve heard called the Swim-Palooza. This is designed for you to swim/kick/pull or do whatever you want to d0–all on a one minute forty second interval.
- 100 x 100s on 100 (1:40) for a whopping 10,000 yards! OR
- 100 x 75s on 1:40 for 7,500 yards! OR
- 100 x 50s on 1:40 for 5,000 yards! OR
- 100 x 25s on 1:40 for 2,500 yards!
- Of course you will be able to stop when you want. After all, this is Masters Swimming! You do not have to complete the set to full yardage. But if you do, you get some serious bragging points. And this way everyone will be on the same timeline!
Suggested workouts for our Satellite swimmers:
- #192 1650 Options
- #183 Stroke Mix
- Try the above Swim Palooza!
- #198 Easy Recovery Workout (especially if you did a BIG Palooza!)
- #201 Prep for 200s
Upcoming open water swims:
Upcoming swim meets:
|Date||Meet||Location||Info Link||Reg Link|
|1-10-15||Flower Power||Santa Rosa||Pac Masters||Club Assistant|
|1-24-15||TOC Mile||San Francisco||Pac Masters||Club Assistant|
|1-25-15||Fog City Quadrathon||San Francisco||Pac Masters||Club Assistant|
|2-7-15||USF Valentine's Meet||San Francisco||Pac Masters||Club Assistant|
|2-22-15||The City Mile||San Francisco||Pac Masters||Club Assistant|
|3-29-15||CAL Aquatic Masters Meet||UC Berkeley||Pac Masters||Club Assistant|