I am so excited! The Short Course Yards Season is here! What’s that mean? It means the meets running from January through May are races held in 25 yard pools, the same that we practice in. And this year, we are blessed to have the Short Course Yards Nationals “in our own backyard” as they will be held in Santa Clara. I’m hoping to rally you Swymnuts to join me in some of these upcoming meets. It isn’t quite the same when you aren’t there!
The best place to find meet information is on the Pacific Masters website here. To get the meet information you see below, you can click on the Pac Masters link or on the highlighted link in each listing below. What you see below is just the short course yards meets from now through the Nationals. I will be at most, if not all of these meets.
- 25th, Saturday. Olympic Club (indoor) hosts a 1-event meet which consists of a 1500m free (short course meters pool)
- 26th, Sunday. Fog City Meet at St. Ignatius High (indoor), a 4-event meet which consists of 500, 100, 200 and 50 free. Note, you can swim any event in freestyle events. For example, I plan to swim the 50 breast, 100 back and 200 IM.
- 9th, Sunday. USF Valentine’s Meet (indoor) consisting of 50s, 100s and a 200 Mixed Medley Relay! Held at USF’s Koret Hall. A great meet.
- 22nd, Saturday. Salinas Valley Meet (indoor) consisting of a mix of 50s, 100s and some 200s. In Salinas.
- 23rd, Sunday. The City Mile (indoor) consisting of one event, the 1650 free. Held at the City College of San Francisco.
- 9th, Sunday. Cal Meet (UC Berkeley, outdoor), 50s, 100s, 200 Free, 200 IM & 500 Free along with two relays: 200 Medley Relay, 200 Free Relay. This would be a great tune up for Nationals!
- 15th, Saturday. Rinconada Meet (Palo Alto, outdoor), a mix of 50s, 100s, 200s, a 400 IM and the only 1650 fly event in our region (nuts, pure nuts).
- 15th & 16th, Sat & Sun, Clovis Meet “Swim For Change” a charity swim meet. Saturday’s event is a 1-hour swim (individual or combine in a relay) and Sunday’s events are more traditional competitive swim meet events.
- 28th-30th, Fri-Sun, Pacific Masters Short Course Champs in Moraga (outdoor). Meet information not yet out. This meet consists of every event available at a short course yards meet: 50s, 100s and 200s in each stroke, the 100, 200 and 400 IM, the 500, 1000 and 1650 free, and all kinds of relays. You don’t have to come every day, but we’d love to have you come one day, even if just to help us out on relays!
- 5th, Saturday. Hawk Relays, Pleasanton. I think this is a first time meet consisting of relays only. Let’s do this! Meet information not yet out.
- 1-4, Thursday-Sunday, USMS Short Course Yards National Championships in Santa Clara (outdoor). A big meet with probably 1700-2100 swimmers. Lots and lots of fun no matter what level of swimmer you are. All swimmers may enter up to 3 events with or without making the qualifying times. If you can make qualifying times, you can enter up to 6 events total (and at least 3 would have to have qualifying times). For a list of qualifying times, click here. For the order of events over this 4-day meet, click here. For hotel information, click here.
Come on out and join us at these meets. You will have lots of laughs and a ton of fun with your teammates, guaranteed!